09 May 2010

How to Make Colorful Coasters?


Materials you need:
round cardboard pieces
(you can use your old coasters also if you
want to give them a fresh new look)
3 colors of acrylic paint of your choice
brush
drawing ink and a bamboo-stick
and decoupage glue
Loose brushstrokes. That's all you need.
Have fun! Mix and paint.

After a few minutes as the first layer has already dried
I cut out a heart shape from a piece of not too thick cardboard
and use it as a template.
Use black drawing ink and a sharpened bamboo-stick to embellish.
My lines are uneven and I am very happy with this outcome.


Let them dry. At this point I am really impatient...
so I do something else instead of waiting there...
And finally paint a decoupage-glue-cover layer on top.
It makes the coasters waterproof.
And here they are, ready to use!
Have happy drinks, have fun, have friends!

And I wouldn't be surprised if you want to
paint more. Be ready. New surfaces are thirsty
for refreshment.


8 comments:

  1. I saw your tutorial featured on totally tutorials and I just love this idea. Great design and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Aniko,

    Thanks for sharing this easy yet fantasy tutorial with us. I have been looking forward to make a personalized coaster and you just give me a good idea. I like your other art works too. Hope to see more of your update (I followed you)

    Hugs,
    Lavennz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing! I like the colors you used on the coasters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so, so pretty! I just clicked over from Totally Tutorials and I'm so glad I did. Your blog is fantastic! I would love to link to this if you didn't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's a great idea, I think I'll make some coasters with my kids soon! thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these! So pretty!

    I linked to this in my Friday Favorites!

    http://www.laniejandco.com/2010/05/friday-favorites-52110.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you are so dear! Welcome new visitors, thank you for following!
    Thank you, Rachel, please do. You make me happy!
    Lanie, thank you!
    I am so curious to see your blogs or sites if you have one.
    So I go to see you in virtual space. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too cute! I love it, thank you!

    ReplyDelete