Originally I had a silver pendant and I decided to make a colorful necklace to hold it.
I searched over and over my drawers and finally found these items, and I suddenly saw
my designer necklace in my mind's eye.
Materials you need:
colorful yarns, I choose 3 different colors
and a silver thread
"macaroni"-size plastic tube
1. cut a necklace size from the plastic tube
I wanted a middle size one so I measured 70 cm
S 50 cm
M 70 cm
L 90 cm
2. make a knot around the tube and begin to wind the weft around the tube
change colors as often as you wish overlapping the previous loose end.
This easy technique is coiling: a method for making
baskets for centuries in almost every culture.
3. Cover your tube fully. Use your yarn tightly.
4. At the very end of your tube fix the loose yarn with a fleck of hot glue
5. Finish it with a magnetic fastener.
As you glue the magnets into the hole
your yarn-end would be securely double-finished
Version 1: I used a shawl clip to make my necklace hip.
Version 2: I coiled the silver pendant and...
I can't decide which version I like better.