14 July 2010

How To Make A Colorful Flower Stand?



Oh yes, I felt again that I must paint something. I needed more colors. Finally I dug out some leftover concrete-tubes from a previous house building project. They were used as supporting pillars.
How nice. They can be flower stands in their next life in the garden.
So?
May be that you want more color too into your life.
Here it is how it happened to me, use this post as an inspiration. Color your life! It is easy. Really.


First scene: what you need- concrete-tube cut into desired sizes. I had 2x 50cm  and 1x 70 cm tall pieces.
                                          - paint  suitable for concrete painting. My choice were blue, yellow and white.
At this point you are not surprised by my color choice.... if you read my other post about flip-flop stamps and about coasters.


Second scene: the work- paint as you like
I like to paint simple and effective patterns  like these spirals.
I never lose interest in spirals. 
That is a mystery in itself.  



Third scene: waiting, drying...
This is my weakness. 
So I go for a walk. 


Fourth scene: dress rehearsal... 
This is the time when I consider that my flower stands are a little bit unusual. So may be I need some moderate plants... and I don't have any... at this moment. 


3 comments:

  1. Those are SO COOL! What a beautiful idea, I just love this! I want to make some for my porch. Thanks so much, I'll be linking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even think you need plants... they can stand on their own as beautiful garden art! What a great idea for recycling building materials.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful ideas for planters!!! You are inspiring me to paint my tire gardens outside!!!

    ReplyDelete